Do you feel sluggish? Do you have a hard time losing weight? Maybe you suffer from joint pain. If so, you may need to detox your body. You can easily do this when you use aloe vera juice in your detox plan. An aloe vera juice detox can get rid of harmful bacteria, toxins, or the remnants of undigested food – all which can affect physical and mental health.
If you have a difficult time completely digesting food, an inflammatory reaction can easily develop in your intestinal tract. If food is not completely digested, an imbalance can result – one that leads to a number of disorders, including high blood sugar (diabetes), obesity, heart palpitations, and high cholesterol. Only aloe vera juice can naturally detoxify your body and enhance your health with optimum results.
How Toxicity Affects People
People who need an aloe vera detox, or suffer from toxicity, normally experience one or more of the following symptoms:
- Ongoing tiredness or fatigue
- Joint inflammation and pain (such as arthritis)
- Skin irritations
- Declining health
- Unexpected weight gain
A Better Detox Solution
To balance out your body and maintain health, you need to detoxify. Unfortunately, people eat a lot of junk food – food that does not give the body sufficient nutrients. When this happens, detoxification is necessary. If the body does not receive enough nutrients, it cannot cleanse waste or eliminate toxins naturally. This does not just happen in the stomach and intestines, but on a cellular level too. An aloe vera detox cleanses major organs, such as the lungs, skin, lymph nodes, liver, bowels, and kidneys.
Highly Acidic Diets Trigger Toxicity
Aloe vera benefits detoxification, as the plant contains over 200 active elements – elements, such as vitamins, minerals, polysaccharides, enzymes, amino acids, fatty acids, and acemannan. If you eat a highly acidic diet, the toxins and bacteria from the foods will build up in the intestinal lining of the digestive tract. This build-up, if not removed, will trigger inflammation, sickness, and similar maladies.
Why Aloe Vera Works
The gelatinous consistency of the aloe vera lubricates the digestive lining and cleanses harmful toxins, bacteria, or compacted and undigested food particles. Active elements in the plant remove or reduce bad bacteria or unwanted build-up with antiseptic, antiviral, antibacterial, and antibiotic properties.
How to Use Aloe Vera for Detoxification
So, how do you use aloe vera juice or aloe vera gel to detox?
A detox and cleanse with aloe vera is simple. Preferably, add aloe vera juice with another healthy juice or ingredients to purify your body and always feel great mentally and physically.
Aloe Vera Combinations for Detoxification and Weight Loss
Below are some popular aloe vera juice combinations, all which can be used for detoxing or losing weight:
1. Aloe vera juice and fresh orange juice with the pulp. This combination will add fiber to your cleanse. The fiber cleans out the colon. Both orange juice and aloe vera juice contain the antioxidants and the minerals needed to rid your body of toxicity.
2. Aloe vera juice, water, and honey. Honey features prebiotic and anti-inflammatory properties, which maximizes intestinal motility and cleanses the intestines.
3. Aloe vera juice and fresh mango pulp. The pulp of the mango holds large amounts of fiber. Drinking aloe vera juice with mango aids in digestion and improves microbial flora health. When you detox your body with aloe vera juice, you will also find it much easier to lose weight. That is because all the gunk has been removed, and your body operates more proficiently. In fact, aloe vera juice can play a major role in helping you lose weight.
Aloe vera’s fat-burning and detoxifying properties make dropping the pounds an easy and healthy pursuit. By adding aloe vera to a healthy weight loss plan and exercising more, you can lose weight, even when you are older and your metabolism slows.
Use Aloe in Various Forms
Because aloe vera is considered a nutritional powerhouse, health food manufacturers have found various ways to market aloe vera for detoxification and weight loss purposes. Besides being sold as a liquid or gel for detox purposes, aloe vera can be consumed by taking capsules, or by cutting a fillet from the plant’s whole leaf. Just be careful, if you use aloe vera directly from a plant, as the yellow latex layer can make you sick. Wash the fillet completely of any yellow residue before using it.
How to Reduce the Bitter Taste
In most cases, it is easier to simply use aloe vera juice for your detox program. While the juice, itself, can taste rather bitter, you can offset the biting flavor by adding a citrus juice, such as orange juice or grapefruit juice.
How an Aloe Vera Detox Helps You Lose Weight
When you use aloe vera juice for detoxification, it will help you lose weight, as well, by doing the following:
1. Your metabolism rate will increase when you drink aloe vera. In turn, the body burns calories faster. When your metabolism is sluggish, you have a more difficult time losing weight.
2. Aloe vera aids in the digestive process. By drinking orange juice and aloe vera juice in the morning, you can balance out your stomach’s acid level and digest foods more easily. When the digestive tract is healthy, the stomach, large intestine, and colon work much more efficiently.
3. Aloe vera boosts energy. The collagen and protein found in the aloe vera plant assist exercisers in developing their muscles, which leads to excess calorie burning and an additional loss of weight.
4. Aloe vera reduces sugar cravings. When you drink aloe vera juice, you don’t crave the processed sugar that leads to sugar spikes and lows. Granulated sugar only satisfies you for a short time. Therefore, it has an addictive quality – a quality that keeps you from losing weight.
Some Delicious Aloe Detox and Weight Loss Drinks to Try
To detox and lose weight, the following recipes will help you accomplish your objectives.
1. Aloe-Berry Smoothie
What you will need:
- 1 half-cup of aloe vera juice
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- Freshly grated coconut
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- A few basil leaves
Throw the ingredients into a blender, until they blend smooth. Drink the smoothie before a workout at the gym.
2. Summer Weight-loss and Detox Smoothie
What you will need:
- 1/2 cup of fresh aloe juice
- 1/2 cup baby spinach
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 cup cut mango
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2 oranges, without the peeling
- 1/2 cup coconut water
Toss all the ingredients into a blender until smooth. Enjoy this smoothie throughout the summer. You can lose about five to six pounds per week when you follow a nutritious and balanced diet.
3. Aloe Spinach Smoothie
What you will need:
- One bunch baby spinach
- 1/2 cup aloe juice
- 1/4 cup water
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of ginger
Combine all the ingredients in a blender until smooth.
When drinking aloe vera juice, again, you can get a rid of the bitter taste by adding grapefruit or a citrus juice, such as lemon. Add honey to the lemon for sweetness.
Use the Gel from the Plant for the Best Results
Besides slathering the gel on your skin to heal sunburn, you can also sip it in a cool and refreshing drink to detoxify or lose weight. To receive the detoxification benefits of the juice, you need to extract the gel from the plant. While commercial aloe vera juice is sold, it does not typically contain the nutrition that is found so abundantly in the plant.
For example, the succulent contains around 75 nutritional compounds, including antioxidants, such as vitamins A, E, and C. Moreover, the plant contains amino acids, enzymes, and minerals. While the succulent is certainly a detox powerhouse, you won’t find these ingredients when you look on the label of aloe vera juice brands.
For instance, some of the products will not list substances, such as vitamin A or C, or show any of the plant’s components, such as calcium, fat, or protein. Instead, only sodium or carbohydrates may be listed.
Read the Label before Buying a Commercial Juice
Some of the aloe vera juice brands even contain processed sugar and remove the fiber altogether. Therefore, it pays to read the label first if you want to buy your aloe juice in a health food store or grocery.